If you’ve heard of the minty cool taste of Trident and wondered if it’s vegan enough for your diet then we can help.
Trident Original Gum is available in following:
- Trident Tropical Twist Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Cinnamon Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Watermelon Twist SugarFree Gum
- Trident Lime Passion Fruit Twist Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Dragon Fruit Lychee Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Bubblegum Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Perfect Peppermint Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Mint Bliss Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Sugar Free Gum Minty Sweet Twist
- Trident Wintergreen Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Pineapple Twist Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Island Berry Lime Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Black Raspberry Twist Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Strawberry Twist Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Splashing Mint Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Wild Blueberry Twist Sugar Free Gum
- Trident Passionberry Twist Sugar Free Gum
- Purely Trident Peppermint Sugar Free Gum
- Purely Trident Spearmint Sugar Free Gum
Trident gum is available in an endless amount of flavors so you’re spoilt for choice. It is also sugar-free gum you can munch anytime without worrying about your sugar intake.
To find out if Trident gum vegan-friendly; Continue reading…
Is Trident Gum Vegan?
The answer is: No
Trident Gum contains potential animal-sourced ingredients such as glycerin and natural flavors derived from animals. It also has artificial flavors which expose animals to cruelty.
Trident Gum is made from the following ingredients: Sorbitol, Gum Base, Xylitol, Glycerin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Less Than 2% Of Acesulfame Potassium, Aspartame, BHT, Mannitol, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose
Why is Trident Gum Not Vegan-Friendly?
While glycerin can be made from both animal-based and plant-based sources, often glycerin that comes from plant sources is labeled as “vegetable glycerin”. Trident has not given any firm answers as to which of the sources they use.
Natural flavors can also be made from plant or animal sources. The source that Trident uses has not been confirmed for the company. However strict vegans will choose to avoid products with both glycerin and natural flavors in order to avoid potentially consuming an animal-sourced product.
When an artificial flavor is introduced into the market they have to be tested before it can be used in human food. Once it has entered the market though, tests are rarely done on them, unlike artificial colors. If you’re a vegan who is concerned with animal welfare, then you might want to opt-out of chewing on this gum.
Despite all we have said about the Trident, chewing sugarless gum is doing your teeth a favor. Dental studies prove that chewing sugarless gum for a few minutes a day can help prevent tooth decay. It reduces the development of plaque while refortifying your enamels with needed minerals.
In fact, one study shows that only ten minutes of gum chewing removes as much as 100 million bacteria. Talk about an extra lift to your oral health care. While you are better off not having Trident gum if you’re vegan, it shouldn’t stop you from chewing sugar-free gum.
For more information: https://www.tridentgum.com