Would you like to find out if Red Vines are vegan-friendly?
Red Vines is a brand of candy that is distinguished by its licorice flavor, often in strips. It is manufactured in Union City, California by The American Licorice Company. The brand has various products under the Red Vines umbrella such as:
- Red Vines Original Red
- Red Vines Black Liquorice
- Red Vines Grape
- Red Vines Family Mix
- Red Vines Strawberry Sugar Free
- Red Vines Black Liquorice Sugar Free
- Red Vines Mixed Bites
- Red Vines SuperStrings
Continue reading to find out if Red Vines are vegan-friendly.
Are Red Vines Vegan?
The answer is: Yes
Red Vines Original Red are vegan and do not contain ingredients from animal products.
What Are Red Vines Made Of?
CORN SYRUP, WHEAT FLOUR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CITRIC ACID, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, RED 40.
CONTAINS WHEAT PARTIALLY PRODUCED WITH GENETIC ENGINEERING
Red Vines® red licorice is made from 5 simple ingredients: corn syrup, wheat flour, citric acid, artificial flavor, red 40.
Our classic black licorice is made with corn syrup, wheat flour, molasses, caramel coloring, licorice extract, salt, and anise licorice flavor.https://shop.americanlicorice.com/pages/red-vines-faq-frequently-asked-questions
Why Are Red Vines Vegan-Friendly?
Red Vines Original and Red Vines Black Liquorice have ingredients that are animal-free. Red Vines also features on PETA’s list of vegan candies. Some of the key ingredients include:
- Corn syrup is made from corn and is completely vegan-friendly.
- High-fructose corn syrup is a sweetener from corn syrup.
- Wheat flour is made from grinding wheat to make powder (flour).
- Citric acid is found in citrus fruits.
- Artificial flavors are additives made to enhance the flavor in products.
- Red 40 is a dye made from coal tars.
- Cane sugar is sugar from sugarcane.
- Cocoa powder comes from crushing cocoa beans.
- Anise flavor comes from anise which is a plant.
Red Vines has four certifications:
- Non-GMO Project Verified – This organization aims to build and protect a non-GMO food supply. This is achieved through educating consumers and outreach programs, and also providing retailers with training resources and merchandising materials.
- Star-K: This certifies that the products are kosher.
- U.S. Zero Waste Business Council – Businesses with this certification are more environmentally conscious and responsible. They are also more conscious of the waste they produce and turn that waste into additional revenue. This means that Red Vines is environmentally friendly, reduces litter and pollution, reinvests its resources locally, and creates jobs for the community.
- Etimad Halal: This signifies that Red Vines is Halal.
Red Vines are vegan-friendly and do not contain ingredients sourced from animal products. They also make the effort to reduce their carbon footprint and be environmentally responsible. This makes them safe for vegans to enjoy! It is always advisable to look at the ingredients list to ensure that products are vegan-friendly.
Please visit the official website for more information on: www.redvines.com.